Safari Ltd. Painted Hanoverian Mare Horse
Ships FREE in the USAShipping calculated at checkout.
Hanoverians are gorgeous horses known for calm temperament and superior rideability. Like several other breeds, they originated in Germany, long before it was called Germany. Hanoverians come from the former kingdom of Hannover and are recognized by their ideal proportions.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: This elegant Hanoverian Mare is ready for a show with her tightly braided mane and trimmed tail. With her unique color and perfect proportions, she has a great chance of taking top honors.
- Size and Color: This Hanoverian Mare is a chestnut color with a lighter, almost flaxen, mane and tail, along with white socks and hooves. It measures 6 inches long, a little shorter than the length of a DVD case.
- The Hanoverian Mare is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection
- All Safari products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 17.75 L x 9.5 H
- Size in inches: 6.99 L x 3.74 H
- UPC: 609366000220
Horse breeding has been a prominent industry in the area of Hanover for more than 400 years, with the Hanoverian breed officially established in 1735. Although the original goal for breeders was to create a strong military and carriage horse, since the middle of the 20th century, the emphasis has shifted to performance. Cavalry units are no longer common or relevant in the military, yet some of the traits that made Hanoverians preferable to military officers are still desired by riders and performers today. Athleticism is still valued, along with trainability and a calm demeanor. More emphasis has been placed on horses with a floating trot and rhythmic canter. Breeders continue to be very selective with this horse, resulting in the most desirable traits propagating.