Safari Ltd. Painted Clydesdale Mare Horse
Ships FREE in the USAShipping calculated at checkout.
- Although less defined in some of the more distinctive characteristics of Clydesdale stallions, mares are still instantly recognizable as members of this iconic breed. Their muscular bodies, great size, and feathered hooves set them apart from all other breeds.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: This figure captures a Clydesdale Mare at a slow trot, showing off her gentle, broad face, her powerful, barrel-chested body, and her distinctive legs and hooves.
- Size and Color: The dark bay of this Clydesdale Mare is the most common color for the breed. This figure is 6 inches long and 4 ½ inches tall.
- The Clydesdale Mare is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection.
- All of Safari products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 14.5 L x 3 W x 9.80 H
- Size in inches: 5.71 L x 1.18 W x 3.86 H
- UPC: 095866151201
Along with the feathering at its hooves, one of the most notable characteristics of Clydesdales is their massive size. They were, of course, bred as draft horses in Scotland, where farm work required strong helpers. Horses are measured in hands, a measurement based on the breadth of the human hand and eventually standardized at four inches per hand. Height in hands is measured from the ground to the shoulders, called withers. Clydesdale mares are 16 to 18 hands tall, meaning they can measure 64 to 72 inches at the shoulder. Males are even taller, averaging 17 to 19 hands.