Safari Ltd. Painted Tyrannosaurus Rex Dinosaur Figure - Tan
Ships FREE in the USAShipping calculated at checkout.
Tyrannosaurus rex was one of the largest known theropod dinosaur. It lived in what is now western North America in the latest Cretaceous Period (68-66 million years ago). Tyrannosaurus rex, often called ‘T. rex’ because it is shorter, lived right up to the end of the Cretaceous Period, so was one of the last dinosaurs to have lived on earth.
- History: The very first Tyrannosaurus was found by the famous fossil collector, Barnum Brown in 1900 in Wyoming. Over the next five years, he collected four more skeletons, and Henry Osborn, from the American Museum of Natural History in New York studied these skeletons and named Tyrannosaurus rex in 1905. The largest of Brown’s skeletons can be seen on display At the American Museum, and another is on display at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
- Scientific name: Tyrannosaurus rex meaning ‘tyrant lizard’ and ‘king’
- Characteristics: In real life, Tyrannosaurus, was large (at least 40 feet long), stout and muscular (5-6 metric tons), but our Tyrannosaurus Rex figure is much smaller. It ran on its thick hind legs. Its huge jaws contained lots of sharp, six inch long teeth. Each tooth had a serrated blade on both the front and back edges that could easily have cut through any prey. Its front limbs were tiny and its hands had only two little fingers. We don’t know what these fingers were for, but they were far too small and weak to walk on, fight off other dinosaurs, or grasp prey.
- Size: This Tyrannosaurus Rex figure is 9 inches long and 3.75 inches high.
- The Tyrannosaurus Rex is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- Item #300729
Ships FREE in the USA
We Also Recommend
Barzso Vintage Painted Fort Apache Boonesborough Blockhouse Gate
Barzso Vintage Hand Painted Von Steuben's Revolutionary War Camp Playset Cabin