Safari Ltd. Painted Thoroughbred Stallion Horse
Ships FREE in the USAShipping calculated at checkout.
Thoroughbreds are race horses through and through, carrying on a tradition that was codified in England in the 17th century, but with roots extending even deeper into the past. The ideal Thoroughbred can carry a rider at sustained speed over an extended distance: a race horse.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: With its legs outstretched and tail flowing in the wind, this Thoroughbred Stallion is the portrait of a race horse, ready to take off at a moment’s notice.
- Size and Color: A brown colored figure with dark mane and tail, this Thoroughbred stallion measures 7 inches from nose to tail, about the same as a medium banana.
- The Thoroughbred Stallion is part of the Winner's Circle collection.
- All Safari products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 17.2 L x 3.5 W x 8.4 H
- Size in inches: 6.77 L x 1.38 W x 3.31 H
- UPC: 095866157708
All Thoroughbreds must be able to prove relation to one of three foundation sires, a trio of hot blooded horses brought to England in the early 17th century. These foundation horses, two Arabians and a Turk, were already notable for their stamina and energy, being the products of centuries of careful breeding. These three were then bred with larger, stronger native English horses, resulting in the Thoroughbred horse. These are race horses, the fastest animals with the greatest endurance, the result of extremely selective breeding practices. Centuries later, detailed records are still required to register a Thoroughbred, and lineage from the three foundation horses is required. Today, along with documentation, all registered Thoroughbreds undergo blood testing to prove their lineage, an effort aimed at maintaining the integrity of the breed.